[l2h] LyX an LaTeX2html cannot handle tables

Heiko Schröder heikos at foni.net
Sun Aug 29 00:15:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

since I am searching nearly the half of the day for a good idea in the
archive, what this time the reason could be, that again there appeared a
rather great bug between the last version of LaTeX2html (1.70) and LyX 1.3.3
I am rather close to cancel my plan using tables for my websites.

In fact latex2html *cannot* handle tables, LyX generates since you can only
see the first row and beyond the last entry in the last cell the contents of
the first cell of the second row. The rest of the table ist not shown at all.

So I think, it is a better idea, not to use tables, is it? ;-) latex2html
still translates pure text without any troubles and it is ob. I am really a
bit disappointed that it is so difficult to rely on latex2html, although it
has shown that it is great software.

On the one hand someone who focuses on other projects and uses software which
promises that an author can concentrate only on the contents, has to spend
twice of the time compared with a word processor to look deeply into the
software to find out, what bug it is *this* time. Till the next version.

Sorry, but I would like to use latex2html with good result, but with every new
version, another annoying bug comes up, which has not been discovered in the
version before.

Greetings from Heiko

--
Heiko Schröder