[l2h] \url used by lyx-1.3.4

Jean-Pierre.Chretien Jean-Pierre.Chretien at cert.fr
Thu Apr 22 08:51:08 CEST 2004

>>Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:52:10 +0200
>>From: Juergen Leising <juergen.leising at hamburg.de>
>>To: latex2html at tug.org
>>Subject: [l2h] \url used by lyx-1.3.4
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>using lyx-1.3.4 I have some difficulties with producing
>>clickable links, like some others here on the list.
>>
>>First I add
>>
>>	\usepackage{html}
>>
>>This leads to clickable links after converting the document
>>by tex4ht or by pdftex, but not by latex2html.
>>
>>So my question is: why does latex2html not render \url
>>to a proper hyperlink, whereas the other converters (tex4ht, pdftex) do
>>produce working links?

The original lyx code:
See
\begin_inset LatexCommand \url[my_link]{http://www.lyx.org}

THe latex code produced by exporting to latex:
See my_link \url{http://www.lyx.org}

So anyway the « Name » field in the url LyX inset will not be the anchor

ERT is needed to produce the good l2h result:
\begin_inset ERT
status Open

\layout Standard

\backslash
htmladdnormallink{my_link}{http://www.lyx.org}
\end_inset

Works fine.

Liable to prefiltering in a wrapper script calling l2h if you want to avoid ERT.
As the latex file does not feeds back the anme field, I don't see another way.

This had been discussed long ago in the lyx list, I guess the developers
would not produce latex code specific to a particular html translator.

--
Jean-Pierre