[l2h] Multirow support for L2H

tubbs at strw.leidenuniv.nl tubbs at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Apr 15 17:23:53 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have the same problem as described in message:
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/latex2html/2002-May/001815.html

No reply has been posted, as far as I can see. Essentially the
problem is that \multirow does not work with LaTeX2HTML using the
standard formatting (e.g. \multirow{4}{1in}{Common g text} ). I
installed the latest version of LaTeX2HTML today, but even the
standard examples in the multirow.sty file do not work. The error
message generated is:

*** no brace for \multirow , before:
 {
*** using "<" as the argument instead; is this correct?  ***

Can anyone explain this error message?

As the standard examples are the definition of how to use the multirow
macro, they ought to work! Obviously they do compile in LaTeX and
PDFLaTeX without any problems. I've tried dozens variations and trawled
the web for hours, but all I can find are reports of the \multirow
support for L2H not working.

How do I need to write a \multirow statement in order for it to work
in L2H? Is there anything I need to do to get the multirow support
for L2H to work in the latest version?

Thanks in advance!

Bob Tubbs