[l2h] different versions of the tex-file

Phil Lanch phil at subtle.clara.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 12:44:29 CET 2003

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 04:47:53PM +1100, Ross Moore wrote:
> Your code below simply says to include/exclude the environments.
> It doesn't say how to translate their contents; that's why you get
> the images.
>
> You still need a \newenvironment definition, even if it
> doesn't do much; e.g.

> \begin{htmlonly}
>  \newenvironment{versionpub}{}{}
>  \newenvironment{versionpriv}{}{}
> \end{htmlonly}

thanks: with that added, everything worked.

> Hmm; it seems that LaTeX doesn't need a separate definition for the

yes, that's my excuse for not realizing that LaTeX2HTML does :-).

> environment. It wasn't implemented that way for LaTeX2HTML.
> I think that it is better to retain delimiters for such environments,
> to that extra HTML markup can be added, if desired.

fair enough.

--
Phil Lanch                    0xD78D598DA6635CF32AB24593C98994B7D95B33E3
   http://www.subtle.clara.net/rephrase/ - GnuPG passphrase recovery

    You're standing on the shoulders of giants and SHITTING on them.
      -- Mr. Bad