[l2h] different versions of the tex-file

Phil Lanch phil at subtle.clara.co.uk
Sun Nov 23 02:53:29 CET 2003

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 10:08:58AM +1100, Ross Moore wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Phil Lanch wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 08:39:07PM +0100, webmaster at steinam.de wrote:
> > > The problem now is that latex2html doesn't work together with the
> > > package comment. When parsing the source, l2h produces for  this
>
> It is supposed to support the comment.sty environment,
> with its  \includecomment  and  \excludecomment commands.
>
> If it isn't working for you, would you please provide a minimal
> example which shows the failure.
>
> > > environments an image file, that has nothing to do with the original
> > > source.

> Hope this helps,

yes: for a start, it encouraged me to try altering my LaTeX in case that
would help.  it seems to cause problems if i place commands such as
\excludecomment{versiona} or \begin{versiona} in the middle (or end) of
a line, so i've now put each at the start of a new line.  now the only
thing that doesn't work the way i'd like is that each (included) comment
environment is turned into an image: they're perfectly good images, but
images weren't necessary, simple HTML could have done the job.  is this
what you expect latex2html to do?  is it difficult to stop it doing it?

a minimal example:

===================== start =====================
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\usepackage{html}

\includecomment{versionpriv}
\excludecomment{versionpub}
%\includecomment{versionpub}
%\excludecomment{versionpriv}

\begin{document}

\begin{versionpriv}Secret info
\end{versionpriv}
\begin{versionpub}[Omitted from online version]
\end{versionpub}

\end{document}

to the original poster: if you're seeing different problems, please go
ahead and post your own example.

--
Phil Lanch                    0xD78D598DA6635CF32AB24593C98994B7D95B33E3
   http://www.subtle.clara.net/rephrase/ - GnuPG passphrase recovery

  scattered islands of independent-minded reporting are lost in oceans
  of the stenographic reliance on official sources  -- Norman Solomon