[l2h] rcs.sty and rcs.perl

Volker Simonis simonis at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Mar 6 10:29:28 CET 2003

Hello Ross, hello Hans,

in the archives I found a massage from Sat, 5 Aug 2000 concerning 'rcs.perl'.
It was mentioned there that 'rcs.perl' should be available '..in the latest
developer archives available from Bayreuth'. Indeed I found it there on the
server. However as far as I could see, it didn't made it's way into an
official distribution until now.

The file which I downloaded failed with a syntax error, so I corrected the
error. Moreover I fixed a bug which made the RCS macros eat trailing text
inside an environment and changed the format of date to conform to the one of
the '\today' macro.

Attached you can find my patched version of 'rcs.perl'. I think it would be
worthwhile putting it into the official distribution.

Volker