[l2h] (no subject)

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Jun 7 22:53:29 CEST 2003

Hi Jan, and Prasad.

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Jan Rakelmann wrote:

>  * ramprasad at ncbs.res.in wrote:
>
> > Hai,
> >
> > Please help in this regard. I have jpeg extension text scanned image, this
>
> Please convert to *.eps and use:
>
> \usepackage{epsf}
>
> \epsfile{file.eps}

This is quite unnecessary, when using LaTeX2HTML.

With  \usepackage{html}

you can insert the .jpg file directly into the resulting HTML pages,
via:

 \htmladdimg{../figs/file.jpg}
or
 \htmladdimg[<options>]{../figs/file.jpg}

where the <options> allow you to 'float' the image,
or specify the size, border, and other things.

Consult the LaTeX2HTML manual for all the options.

Alternatively, using  \usepackage{graphicx}
then LaTeX2HTML can be configured to handle .jpg images directly,
via the \includegraphics  command.

Even in ordinary (non-HTML) LaTeX, the \includegraphics command
is a far more powerful and versatile command for handling graphics than
is  \epsfile .

For a full description of its capabilities and usage, consult
 the LaTeX Graphics Companion, or the latest version of the book
by Kopka and Daly.