[l2h] Re: 2 problems using latex2html

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Feb 8 18:12:49 CET 2003

> Dear Dr Ross Moore,
>
> When I convert *.tex into HTML with your latex2html (ver. 1.47 or 2k.1beta), I found
> (1)  the *.gif or *.png images always have a 'L-shape' border around, which I don't need.

Did you install the netpbm utilities ?
The symptom you describe is due to  pnmcrop  failing to work correctly,
to remove those 'cropping-bars' which are used to ensure that the
resulting image is cropped to the correct size.

> (2) the LaTeX command \dotfill  was not recongized by latex2html

How can this possibly be translated into HTML ?
To get proper vertical alignment, you *must* use a <TABLE> ;
then there is no use for the \dotfill as the material before/after the filler
would be in different cells.