[l2h] user access control

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Feb 2 10:36:24 CET 2003

> Hello list,
>
> We are planning to adopt latex2html to our corporation documents. But we

That sounds like a nice thing to do.

> need to control user access to some documents. Today we use a system
> based on php to control access to our documents. Can anyone give me any
> ideas of how to do it with latex2html? Actually I only think of every
> link being accessed through php, but I don't have any idea of how doing
> it with latex2html.

Isn't this the kind of control that the web-server (e.g. apache)
should be handling ?
Use a rewrite rule to catch all in-coming requests and re-route
them to the software that will construct the pages to be served.

Alternatively, you can control password-access using the .htaccess
file for the directory hierarchy where the static pages reside.
LaTeX2HTML does not build .htaccess files, just the web-pages,
since typically you would not assign access on a job-by-job basis.