[l2h] avoiding conversion of "--" to "-"

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Dec 31 13:58:58 CET 2003

Hi Roland,

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Roland Stigge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 00:21, Ross Moore wrote:
> > Any further ideas would be welcome.
>
> No real idea, but more problems. ;)
>
> This very topic is one of the remaining open issues at Debian:
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/75416

OK; my previous email explains the difficulty involved with this.
I'll try to devise some coding that will help cope better.

> The others are:
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/78161

This was `fixed' some time ago, for non-AMS documents.
However, \usepackage{amsmath} causes that coding to be over-ridden and
the problem returns.  I've just updated  amsmath.perl  to fix this.
The URL for the next bug actually provides an example of the fix for this
one too.

>   http://bugs.debian.org/95980

This is not actually a bug in LaTeX2HTML, but in the coding
of amsmath.sty ; however, consequences of the bug are normally
quite trivial, and seem to matter only when using LaTeX2HTML.

See:  http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/DebianBugs/cropping/
for a fuller description of the problem and solution.

>   http://bugs.debian.org/111441
>   http://bugs.debian.org/132451
>   http://bugs.debian.org/188024
>   http://bugs.debian.org/201731
>   http://bugs.debian.org/218834
>   http://bugs.debian.org/223565
>   http://bugs.debian.org/144034
>   http://bugs.debian.org/163479
>   http://bugs.debian.org/37982
>   http://bugs.debian.org/67491
>   http://bugs.debian.org/79622
>   http://bugs.debian.org/32240
>   http://bugs.debian.org/221703
>
> Maybe somebody has got a solution to some of them?

I'll work through these one-by-one.

> Thanks and Happy New Year!

All the best to you,
 and all LaTeX2HTML users