[l2h] Formating the HTML-Output with CSS

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Dec 30 09:14:14 CET 2003

Hello Hakan,

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to format the HTML output from l2h with CSS. But it is to
> difficult, because the output is somewhat mixed up.
>
> It would be very easy to format the output with CSS, when each logical
> part of the output would be in its own and not nested <div class="...">
> text navigation, one div for the bottom navigation with buttons, one
> dive for the bottom navigation with buttons, and finally one div for the
> content itself.

Are you using either
    -html_version=4.0,....
or
    -html_version=4.1,.....
 ?

> This would give the enduser an easy approach to design and layout the
> HTML-Output with CSS.

The current default is  HTML version 3.2,
for which <div> and <span> were not yet valid tags.
If you request HTML version 4.x then many more <div> and <span> tags are
created, and it then becomes much easier to apply CSS styles.

You can edit the  <document-name>.css  file
 -- this also works with  HTML 3.2 --
or use
       \begin[....]{<environment-name>}
             ^^^^^^---- stylesheet id
and the
  \htmlsetstyle{.......}
command, to add CSS specifications to the stylesheet
(provided you have deleted the previous one).

> Like:
> the buttons

> the links

> the main output

> the bottom links

> the buttons on the bottom
>
> This is my third try for this feature-request.

 3rd ?
I've not seen previous requests.
The ability to manipulate CSS has been part of LaTeX2HTML
for several years now. It is described in:
   The LaTeX Web Companion  (Addison-Wesley)