[l2h] Debian bugs

Roland Stigge stigge at antcom.de
Tue Dec 9 16:29:41 CET 2003

Hi Ross and Jens,

thanks for your replies.

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 15:49, Ross Moore wrote:
> > in a special section called "non-free" which doesn't mean that the
>
>   ... but this is an unfortunate choice of designation...

Regard it as a traditional name, not as a discrimination of LaTeX2HTML.
As I tried to describe, it's not bad at all. I'm even maintaining
software inside it. :)

> > software is not free at all but there are some issues left. In this
> > list, we have discussed this in detail. No need to start it again.
>
> Yes; no further philosophical discussion should be needed at this stage.

Finally, we agree! ;-)

> > But in our bug tracking system there are some issues left, most of which
> > disappeared at the latest with the 2002-2-1 version of LaTeX2HTML.
> > Nevertheless, some of them are possibly interesting for this list and I
> > intend to discuss them here one by another.
> >
> > First, please have a look at
> >
> I've had a look at this, and do not regard any of them
> (except some aspects of the 1st) as actual bugs.

OK. Without your note "except some aspects of the 1st" I would close
this bug immediately. But maybe I just keep it open until you finished
this (I guess you meant "the 3rd"?):

> > 3. When using \HTMLsetenv{INFO}{} or \HTMLsetenv{INFO}{0} there is no
> > document info (or "0" resp.) but the "About this document..." header
> > still appears in the output document. But there should be nothing!
>
> I'll take this message as a request to be able to cancel the INFO page
> from within the LaTeX source --- that should be possible to program,
> rather easily.

Besides, \HTMLsetenv{LOCAL_ICONS}{1} works quite well, but possibly just
by chance. So I will possibly close the bug anyway. Documentation states
"Warning: This is intended for Perl programmers only. Use this command
at your own risk!". This is obviously contrary to the idea of
configuring LaTeX2HTML by \HTMLsetenv. :)

OK. Another one:

Thanks again.

bye,
  Roland