[l2h] \scalebox{} does not resize the picture

Jozef Riha zefo at seznam.cz
Sat Dec 6 01:07:42 CET 2003

Ross Moore wrote --- napísal::
> Hello Jozef,
>
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Jozef Riha wrote:
>

>>hi,
>>
>>when i use \scalebox{}{} function (e. g. \scalebox{1.5}{$\sigma =\frac{F_r}{A_o}$}\\) in my LaTeX document latex2html
>>produces image but it is cropped while it does not resize the image exported.
>

> LaTeX2HTML has various mechanisms for applying graphics effects
> to individual images; e,g, using the \htmlimage command, from  html.sty.
>
> Alternatively, you can try simple things like:
>  $\displaystyle \sigma =\frac{F_r}{A_o}$
> or
>  \mbox{\scalebox{1.5}{$\sigma =\frac{F_r}{A_o}$}}
> or
> \(\scalebox{1.5}{$\sigma =\frac{F_r}{A_o}$\)
>
> to get the enlarged size captured within an image.
>

> The question must be asked of "why" are you using \scalebox{1.5}
> with inline mathematics ?
> How does this add to the meaning to be conveyed by your manuscript?
> If it is simply that the \frac is too small, then you should be
> using \displaystyle, or \dfrac (from  amsmath.sty).
>

>>anyone can fix this?
>

> Hope this helps,
thanks, it does. i am a latex n00b so don't expect miracles. however wouldn't be that a neat function when latex2html would
notify you you are using \scalebox function with inline math a tell you that it may result in cropped images? (just a thought..)

cheers and thanks again,

-- joe

________ Information from NOD32 ________
http://www.nod32.com