[l2h] strange startup problem

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:02:20 +1000 (EST)

Hello Rob,

> Folks,
>
> I have a feeling I have seen this before but cannot remember what the
> problem is.  I launch a newly installed version of latex2html the way I
> used to all the time and get
>
> > latex2html report
> Error: No such image type ''.
>        This installation supports (first is default):

Looks like no image-types (.png or .gif ) were specified as the default
when LaTeX2HTML was installed.

There's an option  --image_type  (or something similar)
that can be specified when you run  ./configure .

I don't know why the default of  .png  was not used.
Perhaps it was, but you don't have the netpbm utilities required
to support PNG graphics.

In this case, it will *not* fall back to .gif .
If you want GIF images you have to say so explicitly,
at least until such time as Unisys ceases to claim patent rights.