[l2h] Help with converting a latex file using latex2html (newbie)

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:05:37 +1100 (EST)

> Hi,
> I had never used latex before, and i want to convert a latex file to
> HTML..From some news posts i fpund that latex2html is a good tool for doing
> this..
>
> However i am sort of confused with the described usage of the various
> sqwicthes...
> Can someone please send me an example .latex2html-init file that i can use
> as a reference.
>

> Here are some of my requirements:
> I have a *.tex file with images (in .eps format) and some mathematical
> equations. I just need to convert it to one single html page, with no
> navigation , no footnotes, .. the images must be inline .. and the
> mathematical expressions must also be converted to images. Also the
> references must be maintained. (I do not know what other features i can use,
> and am open to suggestions).

Just use:

  latex2html -split 0 -no_footnode  -no_navigation   mydocument.tex

See how that works, and list the things that you might want done differently.
There should be a switch to accommodate each of those things.

If the command-line starts to get too long,
then you can think about using an initialisation file instead.

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

The best advice is "don't expect to get everything exactly right first time".
Try it out, then work on the differences.