[l2h] numbers in references

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:03:42 +1000 (EST)

> Hello latex2html,
>
> I need to use numbered references to formulas, but I have buttonlike
> rectangles instead? Why dous this happen? How do I fix it?

Have you run LaTeX on the document source, so that a .aux file is available
to provide those numbers ?

LaTeX2HTML writes a message to the screen-log if the .aux file is not found.
(Look inside the WARNINGS file of an old job.)

You may also need the  -show_section_numbers   switch,
or set  $SHOW_SECTION_NUMBERS = 1;  in an initialisation file.

As for your problem with {multline} environments,
do you have a URL where I can view an example of this kind ?
It should have the command-line that you used on the "About this document..."
page, and I also want to look at the HTML of the bad environment.