[l2h] Re: Info about custom_title_hook

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:51:12 +1100 (EST)

> Hello,
>
> I am currently working on a multimedia project for teaching numerical
> methods to engineers with the Web.
> I use latex to generate texts and latex2html for html translation.
>
> I need to replace the usual names 'node1.html, ...' by the number of the
> section concerned.
>
> For this, I first use the following instructions :
>
> \renewcommand{\thesection}{\Alph{section}}
> \renewcommand{\thesubsection}{\thesection.\Alph{subsection}}
> \renewcommand{\thesubsubsection}{\thesubsection.\Alph{subsubsection}}
>
> in order to obtain an alphabetical section title.
>
> For example, it will give section titles of the form 'AAAB, AAAC, ...'
>
> The idea is to finally obtain files named 'AAAB.html, AAAC.html, ...'
> replacing 'node1.html, node2.html ...'
>
> I know that we may generalize this approach in using the perl program
> 'custom_title_hook'.

This should come pretty close to what you want.
The logic is easy enough once you realise that the level-numbering
is available, independent from section-names.

sub custom_title_hook {
    my ($i,$A,$return) = (0,'0','');			#initialise variables
    my @sects = split (/_/, $packed_curr_sec_id);	#get level numbers
    while ($A eq 0) { $A = shift @sects }; 		#discard leading 0s
    while ($i < 4) {
	$return .= &fAlph($A);			#convert number to letter
	$A = shift @sects;			#get next level
	++$i;					#increment counter
    }
    $return					#should be 4 letters