[l2h] citation scheme

Miguel Frasson frasson@math.leidenuniv.nl
Sat, 25 May 2002 19:40:00 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all.

I am writing a package that implement citations for standards in Brazil,
and I would like to provide latex2html for it. I tried figure out what
part of the code does, but unfortunately I don't know perl (but I can
learn something).

The rules for citations are rather complicated, so I thought LaTeX could
do the job easier. My package writes to a file \jobname.lhc, for every
\cite, a command like
  \generalcite{text of the citation}

So the first citation writes the first line in that file, and so on, in
order.

My idea is that the perl-l2h version of my package

 * creates a counter gencite (and set it to zero)
 * reads that file \jobname.lhc
   - for each \generalcite command, l2h increments gencite counter
     and defines a new subroutine named as do_gencite_(value on counter),
     and this subroutine contains the html translation of the code given
     as argument of \generalcite.

 * set again the gencite counter to zero.
 * (re)defines do_cmd_cite to
   - increment the counter
   - use the command do_gencite_(value of gencite)

In order to provide links to the references, each \generalcite can contain
a command \citelink{text}{cite key}. A tipical line of the real
\jobname.lhc:

\generalcite {({\citelink {\MakeUppercase{Faria}, 2000}{6023:2000}})}
\generalcite {({\citelink {Souto, 1916}{10520:4.8}, p.~46, grifo nosso})}

The idea of \citelink{text}{cite key} is to make an archor with
  <A href='the url of the entry in references with key (cite key)'>
    HTML translation of 'text'
  </A>

So

\generalcite {({\citelink {\MakeUppercase{Faria}, 2000}{6023:2000}})}

would (if gencite=1) create the subroutine do_gencite_1 (or the value of
gencite in small roman numbers, if digits are not allowed in perl routine
names) and the execution of do_gencite_1 would give the html code

(<A href='...'>FARIA</A>, 2000)

In the text, at the first occurence of \cite, do_gencite_1 should be
executed.

Somebody can help me?

Thanks

Miguel.