[l2h] tabularx problem

Knut Franke knut.franke@gmx.de
Mon, 20 May 2002 16:02:33 +0200

jo_latex2html@schlossers.org wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am using latex2html and have the following problem:
>latex2html creates images instead of HTML tables when I put in
>tabularx tables.
>Do I use it incorrectly or did I overlook a limitation?
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Minimal example:

[...]

>Can you figure out why the result is the way it is and how I can
>change it to procude HTML tables?

Suppport for tabularx seems to be missing in sub do_env_table, since the
tabularx outside of the float is translated correctly.
Search for
            /\\begin\s*($O\d+$C)\s*((super)?tabular|longtable)\s*\1/))) {
(l2h v1.68, close to the start of the sub, l. 11575)
and replace 'tabular' with 'tabularx?' (without quotes), this worked for
me.

>And a last thing: How do I get the correct author setting, the way
>it is done in DVI? The HTML output does not look the way it should.

I didn't find a configuration option, either.
I suppose you would have to rewrite sub do_cmd_author to produce a HTML
table.
I didn't find out where \and is handled, so maybe I overlooked an option.

>Thanks!
>
>sincerely
>Joachim
>--