[l2h] style-sheet question

Bruce Miller bruce.miller@nist.gov
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:29:29 -0500

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> Bruce Miller writes:
>  > You've got no images that need to be sent too?
>  > That seems like an unusual scenario!
>
> Some of us have the specific goal that LaTeX2HTML doesn't generate any
> images based on content document content.  If you go a step further
> and don't use separate image files for navigation, there's simply no
> need for any at all.  Whether that has any real impact on the
> documents being processed depends on the domain.  For the Python
> documentation, there's almost no impact (there's not much need for
> math displays).
>
> And in the special case of single-file outputs, there just isn't much
> need for navigation images!

Yeah, I thought of that point, in the context of Ulrich's idea
of connecting it to -split 0.  And I can certainly see that you
_can_ produce imageless files, in some domains,
although I still think of it as at least somewhat unusual.

So, it makes a little more sense as a separate option, although
it probably doesn't matter much, and there'd be the weight of
another option to contend with!