[l2h] installation problems under Windows

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 20:55:56 +1000 (EST)

> Hi all,
>
> I had a very strange problem while trying to install LaTeX2HTML in my
> computer, which works with Windows 98. Here's the problem: when I run
> config.bat everyting seems OK. I reproduce the full log file at the end of
> this message, but the last four lines are
>
> Note: Will install...
>       ... executables to   : E:\L2H\bin
>       ... shared library items to : E:\L2H
>       ... unshared library items to : E:\L2H
>
> Well, the problem is that the directory L2H is not created, but, as you
> can see from the log file, there are no error messages.

But that is just the log from configuration, not from installation.

Cannot be sure, as I don't have a Windows installation to test,
but isn't this a reasonable explanation ...

You are being told where the files will go, when/if you do the
installation step. Only at that time should a new directory be
created. Up until then you can re-configure, giving a  'prefix'
option to prepare for placing everything at your own choice of
location. ( :\L2H  , or  /usr/local/l2h/  are just defaults
which need not exist until required.)

> I must add that I have installed LaTeX2HTML several times before, but I
> had never seen this happening.

Maybe you had specified a prefix previously ?

> Thanks in advance

Hope this helps,

	Ross