[l2h] quick question about png background color

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:21:44 +1100 (EST)

> Hello,
>
> Can I create png images which have a white blackground and no heavry lines
> on the left and bottem edges.
>
> See
> http://www.nd.edu/~cholak/abstracts/abstracts.html

You seem to have the cropping-bars removed now.
As for the grey background, that depends upon which browser
you use to view the HTML pages.

The PNG images are generated to have a transparent background.
 Using MSIE, the background is indeed transparent;
 using Netscape it is not.

If your document has:
  \usepackage{color}\pagecolor{white}

then the background will become (transparent) white.

The drawback is that antialiasing will affect thin strokes
and the overall effect of the image will not be as clear
as when anti-aliasing against grey.