[l2h] ntgclass bugfix results in incorrect latex2html output

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:11:34 +1100 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> The following code fixes a bug in ntgclass (dutch/netherlands) for the
> subsubsections in the contents. Now the subsubsection does take on the
> font which the user has specified for the entire document.
>
>  \makeatletter
>    \renewcommand*\toc@font[1]{%
>      \ifcase#1\relax
>      \or\bfseries
>      \or\slshape
>      \fi}
>  \makeatother
>
> Thus bugfix results in incorrect latex2html output,
> it really messes up the output, try it yourself.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to fix this, in my document/bugfix code fo
> in LaTeX2HTML?
>
> Is there a \if\notdefined\latex2html or something like it that can be
> put around my bugfix code so it is not read when latex2html is run?

Sure; just add the special "conditional" comments, as follows:

%begin{latexonly}
  \makeatletter
    \renewcommand*\toc@font[1]{%
      \ifcase#1\relax
      \or\bfseries
      \or\slshape
      \fi}
  \makeatother
%end{latexonly}

Real about conditional code in the LaTeX2HTML manual.
You should be expecting to \usepackage{html}
which then make various conditional constructs available.