[l2h] External image links prob

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 09:46:36 +1000 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to generate links to external graphics without getting
> the full path? (ie. so that we can make the generated html output folder
> location independent?) I have this working for the nav images, but am not
> sure of any switch that does the same thing for external images.

Do you mean graphics using  \htmladdimg
which show in the HTML but not in a paper version ?
 In this case, if the directory is nearby, you just give the relative
path; e.g.
   \htmladdimg[....any options....]{../images/clouds.jpg}

Note that you need to give the path from where the HTML pages
will be accessed --- not from where the LaTeX source resides.

For images using \includegraphics  there is the \graphicspath
command, that is used to list paths to search for images.
This applies to both LaTeX and LaTeX2HTML.

LaTeX2HTML tries to use a relative path whenever it can.
Besides, the web-server uses a different file-system to the
local operating system, so full paths can be meaningless.