[l2h] User-written latex class files with latex2html

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:06:48 -0400

Werner Arnhold writes:
 > This is a very nice idea. I tried it myself, but I am not very experienced
 > especially in Perl. So I had a lot of trouble to find out the interface for
 > a Perl script to be written. Is there any documentation about that?

I don't consider myself a Perl programmer generally, either, but I
had some examples to work from, and extended & refactored that
extensively, a little bit at a time.

Perl itself, as painful as it is for a Python programmer to use, is
not the hard part of LaTeX2HTML.  The difficult part is understanding
what LaTeX2HTML is doing, and the extension API is massively
underdocumented.  I reverse engineered a lot based on the support for
specific markup in the LaTeX2HTML implementation, and asked a lot of
questions here.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>