[l2h] Configuration bug, Windows

David Chase chase@world.std.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:23:22 -0400

I cannot possibly be the first person to report this.
If tex, latex, etc, are installed in the default place,
which is "somedrive:/Program Files/...", the space between
Program and Files pretty well trashes the entire configuration.

I do have a Cygwin-created "symbolic link" from ProgramFiles
to Program Files, but that only works with stuff that is playing
the Cygwin game, and apparently perl (at least the version I
happen to be using) does not play that game.

Suggestions?  How hard is it to move a previously installed
TeX installation?  I'm relatively handy with system settings
and registry entries.

There's also the meta-bug of writing the configuration itself
in a write-only language like perl, especially since most of
the perl documentation (e.g., the Wall/Christiansen/Schwartz
book) is also write-only.

David Chase