[l2h] error creating images

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:32:21 +1000 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> My Makefile copies all figures to the right directory, no problem there.
>
> But there is still a problem left, now my images.tex file contains:
>
> \begin{figure}\begin{center}
> \begin{picture}(0,0)%
> \epsfig{file=fig_structure.pstex}%
> \end{picture}%%
> \setlength{\unitlength}{4144sp}%%
> \begingroup\makeatletter\ifx\reset@font\fontsize{\undefined}{\fipt}\fontfamily{\endgroup}\fontseries{\begin}\fontshape{picture}\selectfont
> (6099,3399)(2014,-2998)
> [...]
>
> But there is no \fi for the ifx. Something is missing, the original Latex file

Ahh, yes; I've seen this before.
Basically this is TeX coding, and LaTeX2HTML cannot cope with the \ifx
conditional, and maybe a few other things as well.

The problem occurs because of the \input command, which causes LaTeX2HTML
(via the  texexpand  utility) to read the input file and include it as
part of the job. In this case, there's actually no need to do this,
since you only want the contents of that file read by LaTeX,
during creation of images.

THe mechanism to achieve this is to add  'pstex_t' to the list
of filename suffixes that are part of the  $DONT_INCLUDE  variable.
Find this in  l2hconf.pm  and add that suffix in the `obvious' way.

Run LaTeX2HTML and look at  images.tex  again.
You should see the difference immediately.

Finally, you may need symbolic links to these  pstex_t  files,
as well as to the  .pstex  files, so that LaTeX can find them
when working from the subdirectory.

Hopefully this will fix the problem completely for you.

If not, I may need an explicit example to examine further.

All the best,

	Ross Moore