[l2h] icons should obey -image-type

Hans Werner Strube strube@physik3.gwdg.de
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:29:07 +0200 (MET DST)

> From ross@ics.mq.edu.au Thu Apr 11 01:15:47 2002
> From: Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
> It would be quite wrong to take the initial  %icons  setting
> out of  l2hconf.pin ,  as it serves there as a place where
> not only the image-type can be set, but also the names
> and sizes of the icon graphics can be changed.
> It is quite common to use different icons; e.g. arrows,
> or with words in a non-english language, or with coloured backgrounds.
>
> The purpose of  l2hconf.pin  is to collect together all those pieces
> of Perl coding that a normal user might reasonably wish to change.
> They were put into a single file, specifically to make these bits
> easy to find and possibly to change in place, or to copy for
> pasting into an initialisation file for local edits.
>

> You are welcome -- indeed encouraged --- to customise the use of icons
> at your own site. However, I do not see any reason here to change
> the way the LaTeX2HTML distribution is structured. Any such change would,
> in my opinion, make the distribution less flexible for general usage.

Well, then it might be reasonable to define two separate arrays
%icons_gif and %icons_png in l2hconfig.pm and then, in latex2html after
the "if ($INIT_FILE) {...}" block, assign one of them to %icons based on
the actual $IMAGE_TYPE (possibly set by -image_type or in $INIT_FILE),
provided %icons is still undefined.