[l2h] Customising the appearance of web pages created with l2h

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:10:58 -0400

In a message dated: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:35:37 EDT
"Fred L. Drake, Jr." said:

> > I'm now stuck on figuring out how to customize $TITLE :)
> >
> > I want to relocate where it's placed (namely inside the custom panel)
> > and not have it placed in it's default location.
>
>  Copy the navigation_panel() function to top_navigation_panel(), and
>make changes to that to generate the right top navbar.

But the $TITLE isn't defined here.  It's easy enough to get $TITLE
into my custom nav panel, the problem is that I want to then remove
$TITLE from immediately below the nav panel which doesn't seem to be
defined in .l2h-init.

I'm trapsing through the l2h code now, man is that ugly looking code.
And no comments!  Arrrrrrgh!  Why doesn't anyone comment their code anymore? :(

Okay, how do unset $TITLE?  There's a test in latex2html which does:

	if (defined $TITLE && !length($TITLE)) {
 	   die "Error: Empty title (-title).\n";
	}

which basically makes it impossible to unset that variable.  Why
would you force someone to have a title on their doc?  This test
doesn't seem to make sense to me, since what I want to do is exactly
what this test prevents!

Is there a "place title" sub somewhere I'm not finding that I can
redefine in my init-file?

Thanks,
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon