[l2h] Customising the appearance of web pages created with l2h

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:24:01 -0400

Paul Lussier writes:
 > I know nothing about style sheets.  My html is actually pretty
 > horrible, since everything I've ever done is either static, or perl
 > generated :)

  There are plenty of online tutorials and books available to help out
here.  There's not much to it.

 > How do I do this in a style sheet and have l2h include that style
 > sheet?

  If your document is foo.tex, LaTeX2HTML will normally general the
files foo/foo.html and foo/foo.css (and others); all you need to do is
copy your stylesheet (another .css file) on top of the foo/foo.css
file.

 > Where do I define this new sub?  I actually have a chunk of perl code
 > which does exactly what I want it to do, now I just need to know
 > where to put it.

  You can use the .l2hinit file or specify additional "-init
myperl.perl" options to LaTeX2HTML.

 > >To get both your table and the navigation panel that latex2html
 > >generates now, use the navigation_panel() function:
 >
 > Does this imply the use of frames?  Personally, I hate frames and
 > would rather not use them.  If if doesn't, great!

  No frames!

 > Well, I coding perl to do my html for me is about the only way I know
 > how to do html, so maybe l2h and I'll get along just fine! :)

  The hard part for me was using Perl, and figuring out just what Perl
I needed to write, but I try and do a lot of fairly tedious stuff.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation