[l2h] "Illegal seek" error message

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 09:27:28 +1000 (EST)

> I have found the following error message in the image convertion process
> (just with some images):
>
> "Illegal seek"
>
> Does anybody knows what it means? How can I avoid this message?

This sounds like a small bug that was reported a month or so ago.
It's fixed in the latest  pstoimg.pin  in the CVS repository
at  www.latex2html.org .

If it's the same "bug", then it is completely harmless.
It occurs when the file-system is asked to rename a file
which does not exist, after a pnmcrop command removed no rows.

In fact the renaming is not needed (as well as being not possible)
and the effect is the desired one of no renaming at all.
So the generated HTML should be perfectly OK.

An edit to stop the message was posted to this list previously.

If you see problems in the HTML pages, then this might
be a new bug. Run a job with the  -debug  switch, to see where
this (system) message occurs.