[l2h] add_child_links()

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:46:51 +1000 (EST)

Hi Fred.

	Good to hear from you.

>   I just had a report for a weird spacing behavior in the table of
> child links, so I poked around a bit.  Having add_child_links() as a
> wrapper for add_real_child_links() was really nice!  All I needed to
> do to take care of my problem was to replace the add_child_links()
> wrapper!

Yes. When developing the 'frames' framework, it became clear that
different HTML coding would be needed in different settings.
Having the extra level of a wrapper was an easy way to avoid
duplicating large amounts of Perl coding, in which further development
might be needed anyway.

>   Kudos to whoever did things that way -- wrapping something that
> actually prepares a tedious bit of generated content like that makes
> it so much easier to tailor the result!

Having the wrapper allows post-processing of the (perhaps complicated)
arrangement of nested lists, to meet specific requirements.
Many other aspects of the document-structure are similarly wrapped.
Have a lok at the coding in  frames.perl .
You will see that most of it is just minor variations of the wrappers,
calling up the _real_ subroutine (from latex2html) to do the real work.

All the best,

	Ross