[l2h] Problem with colors

Carsten Detlefs detlefs@esrf.fr
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:20:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everybody,

I am getting some weird behavior when trying to produce colored math. It
seems that l2h somehow does not get the scope of the color command right.
Try the little example included below. Has anybody seen this before? Or is
there a more simple, systematic way of doing this? I tried \textcolor
instead of \color, but it does not change the color of the math.

Cheers,
	Carsten.

                     Carsten Detlefs
    ESRF BP220                          e-mail: detlefs@esrf.fr
    6 rue Jules Horowitz                 Phone: +33 4 76 88 25 56
    F-38043 Grenoble, France               Fax: +33 4 76 88 25 42

\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\usepackage{html}
\usepackage{color}

\begin{document}

black text, $\mathrm{black\ math}$

{\color{red} Red text (no math!)}

black text, $\mathrm{black\ math}$

{\color{red} Red text $\mathrm{red\ math}$}

black text, $\mathrm{black\ math}$

\begin{itemize}
\item black text in \texttt{itemize},
$\textrm{black\ math\ in\ }\mathtt{itemize}$

\end{itemize}

\end{document}