[l2h] black lines at the left and bottom of the generated images

el mono mono@arquimedes.utp.edu.co
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:01:09 -0500

El Sat, 13 Oct 2001 09:57:25 +1000 (EST)
Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au> escribió:

> > I've seen this problem in the list but i haven't seen the answer so i
> > create my own pstoimg script that uses convert of ImageMagic instead
> of
> > netpbm to see if it was the problem but NO! the images are still
> bad!!!.
>
> Your script makes a simple conversion from .eps to another format
>  (using Ghostscript, since ImageMagick links to the GS libraries).
>
> There is no attempt to do the crop that allows the image to be sized
> to exactly the correct size and shape needed for proper alignment
> in the HTML page.
>
> Those L-shaped "cropping-bars" are deliberately part of the image,
> for they allow the correct amount of space to be captured as part
> of the image, within the rectangle defined by the interior of the
> cropping-bars. Hence they are an important part of the image.
> Of course they need to be removed, once the image has been cut
> down to the correct size, and that is where  pnmcrop  is used.
>

> > Please, someone tell me how to fix this problem!!!
>
> A.
> The *normal* fix would be to compile and install netpbm
>  --- or at least sufficient part of it to use the  pstoimg
> script that comes with LaTeX2HTML.

The problem is that i get those lines using the pstoimg included in
LaTeX2HTML, thats why i was trying another script.

---
Jaime Alberto Silva Colorado
Administrador servidores Linux
grupo DESOFMAT
Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira
ICQ# 75722794
AOL Messenger screen name: el mono jaime