[l2h] Re: latest version bug

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:33:17 +1000 (EST)

> Hi,

Hello Francoise

> I download your latest latex2html-2K.1beta version from
> September 25. There is still a bug in the way pstoimg is
> converting image. the error was in
>
> Revision 1.15  2001/08/21 10:48:59  RRM
> #  --  corrects errors in implementing $PNMCROPOPT
>
> This is still not working. I have made the following changes
> in the pstoimg file:
>
> line 1102 is now:       $croparg = '-bot $PNMCROPOPT ';
> line 1104 is now:       $croparg = "-$edge ";
> line 1114 is now:       if(&do_cmd_norename("$PNMCROP -bot <$in",$tmp)) {

This cannot be the full solution, for it removes the
use of $PNMCROPOPT from  the 2nd and 3rd lines above,
where it is needed with some versions of  pnmcrop .

The issue, as I understand it, is one of installing correctly.
The value of $PNMCROPOPT needs to be set at installation time,
according to the version of  pnmcrop  which is available.

For the latest versions (9.12+), one needs: $PNMCROPOPT = ' -sides ';
some earlier versions (9.x --> 9.11)  need: $PNMCROPOPT = ' -black ';
and really old versions need: $PNMCROPOPT = ''.

> line in the 99 beta version. And it works.

Which version of pnmcrop do you have ?   (do:  pnmcrop --version )

Would you please do a command such as:  grep PNMCROP pstoimg
so I can track what is going wrong with the
installation code at your site.

Also, can you please show me the error that results without your
modifications.

> Hope the problem will be solve in the next version.

Yes indeed; but I need more information to track the
cause of the problem.

> thanks for the work

All the best,

	Ross Moore