[l2h] \footnotemark+\footnotetext broken

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:32:43 +1100 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> Having tried several version of l2h (up to 2K-1b) I can't get \footnotemark
> + \footnotetext to work. Two things are broken:
>
> - The footnote text does not appear
> - The HTML anchors are broken (NAME=footfnm1 vs. HREF=#fnm1)

Yes, you're right.
The error is in  latex2html.pin .

	    $footnotes .= "\n<DT>$sfoot_style<A NAME=\"foot$br_id\">..."
                                                       ^^^^
                                                remove this, to get:

	    $footnotes .= "\n<DT>$sfoot_style<A NAME=\"$br_id\">..."

Do this in 2 places, then reinstall  latex2html
(else edit the installed  latex2html  script).

This appears to fix both problems.
As yet I'm not sure whether it introduces any new problems,
so I'll not update the archive at   www.latex2html.org  until
I've done a more complete examination of the Perl coding.

(Certainly there is another small problem that I've noticed with
the HTML on the  footnotes.html page. So there is certainly a bit
more work to do here.)