[l2h] (math and) images in generel

morten mobo@mailme.dk
Sat, 05 May 2001 19:16:30 +0200 (CEST)

-- Hi again

The problems I had converting equations has been solved (thanks ross)
The solution was in fact to upgrade netpbm to a newer version. I used the old
netpbm version form rh70, aqnd I thought I had upgraded to the new version by
doing an standard installation of the version 9.13-tar.gz. In fact, I hadn't
overwritten the old version, which l2h continued to use. I did not succeed in
installing netpbm v. 9.13 in a way that l2h could accept, so I wait for the
rpm-package to appear. I use v9.9 from rh71 and it works.

But the problem still persists with ps-images.
I done a little tracing, and latex makes the dvi I want, but the image.tex
doesn't compile. I've included the important part of image.tex.

I'm no good with latex - I use lyx and export a .tex-file. But it is clear that
it is the latex2html, which generates a file which don't compile. The result is
that it doesn't place a .ps file in the tmp-directory.

tex version.
[...]$ latex --version
TeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159
kpathsea version 3.3.1

Any idea why I get the \Gin error?
morten

--- image.tex ------------
atex2htmlLength oddsidemargin=62.0pt

latex2htmlLength evensidemargin=62.0pt

! Argument of \Gin@iii has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
l.145 \lthtmlcheckvsize\clearpage}

I've run across a `}' that doesn't seem to match anything.
For example, `\def\a#1{...}' and `\a}' would produce
this error. If you simply proceed now, the `\par' that
I've just inserted will cause me to report a runaway
argument that might be the root of the problem. But if
your `}' was spurious, just type `2' and it will go away.

Runaway argument?
]{belA-S.ps}\lthtmlpictureZ \lthtmlcheckvsize \clearpage
! Paragraph ended before \Gin@iii was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.145 \lthtmlcheckvsize\clearpage}

I suspect you've forgotten a `}', causing me to apply this
control sequence to too much text. How can we recover?
My plan is to forget the whole thing and hope for the best.

E-Mail: morten <mobo@mailme.dk>
Date: 05-May-2001
Time: 18:47:17

Currently working hard for the LAI at INSA-lyon