[l2h] How do I use an EPS in PDF and HTML?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:54:46 -0500 (EST)

Bruce R Miller writes:
 > I've found that the graphicx package is usually smart enough w/o
 > the driver option: ie. just use
 >   \usepackage{graphicx}
 > but leave off the graphics files extensions.
 > If you're running regular latex, it'll look for .eps, if you run
 > pdflatex it'll look for .pdf

  pdfLaTeX jut found a PNG as well, which makes me happy.  Now I just
need a good, portable way to convert from PNG to EPS...

 > [and if you run latex2html, it'll look for .gif, or .jpeg, but
 >  it'll ignore all your carefully crafted transformations! :> ...

  I'm sure I can force it to look for .png, so that's ok.  I don't
need transforms for screen snapshots!  (Or so I hope! ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations