[l2h] How do I use an EPS in PDF and HTML?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:51:55 -0500 (EST)

Herman Bruyninckx writes:
 > Just don't use these options :-) And if you say
 >
 > \includegraphics{myfile}

  Dang... that was too easy!  Is documentation on the graphicx package
available on the Web?

 > (i.e., without specifying the .eps or .pdf suffix) your pdflatex or
 > dvips will automatically insert the appropriate format (provided you
 > have both myfile.eps and myfile.pdf in your TeX search path!)

  This is coolness.  I'll need to play with it a bit to get format
conversions to happen nicely, but I can handle that.

 > Then DocBook is a good option! It is less complex than LaTeX, and
 > copes with the problem you mention: all Linux documentation (on
 > linuxdoc.org) is now standardized on DocBook!

  DocBook is one option, but it is definately a little on the heavy
side, and I'm not convinced the available extension to support
documentation of OO constructs is quite right.  I think I want
something a bit lighter for authoring.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>