[l2h] Anti-aliasing problem

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:03:12 +1100 (EST)

> I have the following problem: I want to display my formulas
> on a background  with a nonwhite color. So I generated transparent
> images with antialiasing turned on. But unfortunately antialiasing
> uses the wrong background color. As a result my formulas have
> a boundary with white or light gray color. This happens even if
> I set \pagecolor{wheat} or something of this type.

Hmm. That aspect is handled by Ghostscript.
LaTeX2HTML has no control over anti-aliasing, apart from requesting it
using the -dTextAlphaBits parameter on the gs commandline.

Just to be sure that you are doing all the correct things:

The LaTeX file needs to specify something like:

  \usepackage{color}
  \definecolor{wheat}[rgb]{... color coords ...}  %% note the color-model
  \pagecolor{wheat}

Before running the LateX2HTML job, ensure that any old images made with
a different background color are removed; otherwise the image-reuse
mechanism may not regenerate the revised images.

Try turning *off* the transparency, to make sure that you are indeed
getting the desired background color.
If the anti-aliasing is not adapted to this color, then the problem
must be within the Ghostscript code.
(I've been unable to locate the appropriate part of the source code
in gs6.0. Any ideas, anyone ? )

> Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

No solution yet.
Can you post a URL to an example ?