[l2h] transparent formulas

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:31:48 +1100 (EST)

> Dear Sirs,
>
> using the new latex2html-2K.1beta package, I realized, that now png's are
> used for mathematical formulas instead of gif's.

Use of png images is the default for licensing reasons.
You can easily configure, at installation time, to use .gif images
instead. See the installation instructions for how to do this.

> But, transparent png's doesn't appear (independent on the -white option) -
> the formulas are now always gray.

Not all browsers display transparency in .png images.
First you should determine whether this is the problem by viewing in
other browsers.

> How can be solved the problem?

The lack of support for transparency in browsers is annoying,
but beyond our control. If your documents always have the same colour
for the background (e.g. white) then ensure that you always make
the images with a white background:

  \usepackage{color}\pagecolor{white}

I have a set of PNG icons that have been edited to have a white background.
This is quite easy to do with standard graphics software.