[l2h] unknown command \verb

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:54:03 +1000 (EST)

> I quite often use {\verb Foo} to include verbatim text inline with the current text, but the \verb command isn't recognised by latex2html and the content of the command doesn't show in the html file. How can I get it to work?

Huhh!  That's not the way to use \verb .
The correct syntax is   \verb+Foo+  or  \verb|Foo|  or \verb*Foo* or similarly,
and LaTeX2HTML supports this syntax.

The token immediately following the \verb  becomes a temporary "escape" token,
which delimits the start and finish of the text to be set verbatim.

If {\verb Foo} actually works, then it is by good luck, not by good management.