[l2h] Want m y images

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 22:14:30 +1000 (EST)

> Hello,
>
> when I include screen shots in a document, I have a JPEG file and convert
> it to Postscript (for the LaTeX part of the game). When I call l2h it
> converts the PS-Picture back to JPEG which will by no means better.
>
> How can I tell that I want the  o r i g i n a l  file with the orignal
> size to be used and how can I get the system to produce  m y
> "ALT=..." text instead of
> e.g. "\begin{figure}\centering\bild{anmeldung}{width=\textwidth}{BORDER=0
> ALT=\uml {A}nmeldefenster}"

Use conditional code, loaded by   \usepackage{html}
as follows:

%begin{latexonly}
%% this part uses the .eps version, with LaTeX
\includegraphics[...options..]{anmeldung}
%end{latexonly}
%% this part uses the original .jpg in the HTML, with extra attributes
\htmladdimg[HEIGHT=...,width=...,\uml{A}nmeldefenster]{anmeldung.jpg}

With conditional code, you have full control over what appears
in the HTML, independent from what appears in the .dvi created by LaTeX.