[l2h] Navigation panel

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:43:13 -0400 (EDT)

Wolf, Heiko writes:
 > 1. I want to change the buttons, e.g. first the PREVIOUS, than the NEXT,
 > then the UP and so on.. I also want to put a custom button betwean
 > two of the implemented buttons. Is some of this possibel, and how?

  The easiest way to achieve all your goals is probably to write your
own navbar routines.  You can do this by defining the
top_navigation_panel() and bot_navigation_panel() functions in your
.l2hinit.perl file.  (See the manual for more information about this
file.)
  This is the approach I take with the Python documentation.

 > 2. In the user manual there is an example where the buttons of the
 > navigation panel have different images. How can I change the images?

  You can replace the images while keeping the names the same.

 > 3. How can I make the Index button appear without having an Index,
 > and point to a special page?

  If you write your own navbar routines, you can add anything you want.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations