[l2h] [Q] spawning l2h using system()

Franco Bagnoli bagnoli@dma.unifi.it
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:25:54 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Carl David wrote:

> I wrote a program using CGI.pm which allows we to edit a file via
> the WWW and then process it with LaTeX. When I change the command
> to latex2html, I get an error message indicating something about 'pwd' and
> a querry about being out of memory.
> Is it impossible to spawn a l2h process from an operating cgi-bin program?
> Thanks

I'm using a similar approach, so I guarantee that it works
(at least on linux). try to give the full path of latex2html to
system() (or use backtiks) to avoid loading the shell.

For more informations, please post on this list which operating system
are you using, the relevant portion of your perl script and error log.

--
Franco Bagnoli
Dipartimento di Matematica Applicata "G. Sansone"