[l2h] missing </div> after \flushleft

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 12:13:09 +1100 (EST)

> Hello,
>
> At the end of my LaTeX file, I have a \flushleft so my bibliography
> looks properly; latex2html tranlates the flusleft into a <div
> align="left">; however, it doesn't insert the end </div> when we
> reach the end of the document, and thus I guess the document is
> not correct HTML anymore (right? the tidy html-validator does complain)

Right; with environments like {center}, {flushright}, {flushleft}, etc.
you should use the proper LaTeX way to specify where the environments
both start and finish; i.e.

 \begin{flushleft}
 \end{flushleft}

> This is normally not a big deal, but the document is about
> writing proper html; not the place to be lax about incorrect html ;-)

   .... nor about correct LaTeX.   :-)

> Anyway, is the fixable in the near future? Or do you have an clues
> as to how I could fix it myself?

\flushleft  is treated like  \begin{flushleft}
and an attempt is made to find an appropriate place for the
\end{flushleft}.

It *should* be inserted at the end.
But then the  bibliography must be inserted as well.
This may lead to an invalid nesting of environments,
or some other small HTML difficulty.

Please try specifying the  \begin{flushleft}  and  \end{flushleft}
explicitly.  If this doesn't give you valid HTML, then please
send me the URL of an example document + source, for me to test.

> Cheers, and thank you for latex2html!

Thanks,

  It's good to see that others are concerned about the more
finicky aspects of HTML coding.

Cheers,

	Ross Moore