[l2h] Re: latex2html black border problem with pngs.

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 11:09:35 +1000 (EST)

Hello Aaron,

> Check out http://64.67.211.144:88/test/test/ to see this problem.  Any idea why
> the png's might be generated with borders like that?  Using latex2html v. 1.48.

The particular piece of software which is either defective, or not installed
correctly is called:  pnmcrop .
This is part of the  netpbm  graphics utilities.

If I knew exactly which version of this you are using, then I could instruct
you on how to alter the  pstoimg  script (part of LaTeX2HTML) so as to
use your current version of  pnmcrop  to best advantage.

To learn the version, try the command:
   pnmcrop --version

It should respond something like as follows:

pnmcrop: Using libpbm from Netpbm Version: Netpbm 9.14
pnmcrop: Compiled Sun Jun 10 00:28:02 EST 2001 by user "ross"
pnmcrop: BSD defined
pnmcrop: RGB_ENV='RGBDEF'
pnmcrop: RGBENV= 'RGBDEF' (env vbl is unset)

Alternatively, you could update to the latest version of the netpbm
utilities (version 9.16, I think it is now), but that could be
a lot of work. Also, you'd need to reinstall LaTeX2HTML, to adapt
to the updated graphics software.