[l2h] Possible bug

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:31:54 +1000 (EST)

THe example works just fine on my machine; viz.

http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/L2Hsupport/ptest/

> Bug description: latex2html seems to be skipping all paragraph breaks.
>

> VERSION:
> ([root@willow latex2html]# latex2html -V)
> This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2K.1beta (1.50)
> by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.
>
> PLATFORM:
> ([root@willow latex2html]# uname -a)
> Linux willow.harvard.edu 2.2.19-7.0.8enterprise #1 SMP Thu Jun 21 06:00:20
> EDT 2001 i686 unknown
>
> latex2html options: default
>
> Notes: Have attached a text case and a copy of cfgcache.pm

THanks for including these.
Nothing looks to be wrong in any way.

> best,
>
> Micah

> Micah Altman, Ph.D. 		Associate Director, Harvard-MIT Data Center
> 	 	Director, Virtual Data Center Project, Harvard U. Library
> 		   Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Government, Harvard U.
> micah_altman@harvard.edu  	   http://data.fas.harvard.edu/micah_altman/
> "Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate" - Doctor Invincibilis
>      		("Ad indicia spectate." - Micah's corollary)
> Disclaimer: This is an unofficial, unsigned, document.  (Copyright 2001)

The only explanation that I can think of is that Perl on your system is
not recognising the line-ends correctly.
BTW, what platform are you using ?
Looks like some version of Linux, but on what type of machine ?

> Gary
>
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Micah Altman wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Gary King wrote:
> >

> > > latex2html seems to be skipping all paragraph breaks.
> > >
> > > e.g., see http://gking.harvard.edu/ei/node2.html
> > > which appears as one paragraph, but the input, ei.tex (which is in CVS
> > > under ei/wds/ei.tex; search on \section{Advanced to see it) has 3 separate
> > > paragraphs.  I run latex2html with the batch file ei/p/makeweb
> > >
> > > Can you tell me how to fix this?
> >
> > Unfortunately, I was not able to find a fix. We have the latest version of
> > latex2html installed on willow, no mention of any similar problem that I
> > could find on comp.tex, nor any configs that stand out. It may be a bug.
> >
> > We could pass it on to the developer, but to do so we'd need you to
> > isolate a test case (i.e. the smallest example of latex text that
> > generates the problem). I don't know latex well enough to do this.

> > Micah Altman, Ph.D. 		Associate Director, Harvard-MIT Data Center
> > 	 	Director, Virtual Data Center Project, Harvard U. Library
> > 		   Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Government, Harvard U.
> > micah_altman@harvard.edu  	   http://data.fas.harvard.edu/micah_altman/
> > "Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate" - Doctor Invincibilis
> >      		("Ad indicia spectate." - Micah's corollary)
> > Disclaimer: This is an unofficial, unsigned, document.  (Copyright 2001)

[Attachment, skipping...]
[Attachment, skipping...]