[l2h] greetings

cabney cabney@cyberpass.net
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 18:44:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Ross Moore wrote:

> The difficult part of programming pnmcrop is to capture exactly the
> right amount of (background colored) space below the text,
> so that images are correctly aligned when centered vertically.
> (One cannot just crop to the minimal rectangle containing the text.)

Hmm.  That's what I had pnmcrop do.  When I inline an image it moves
around depending on whether there is plain old text above and or below
it.  I can't see the benefit.

But then, I was viewing the file with a non-css aware browser. with a
newer one it seems to stay at the same level even when there's text
below it /or/ above. ok, makes sense.

CA
--
There was a time