[l2h] italic in indices, html 4.0 math entities

Thomas Henlich henlich@mmers1.mw.tu-dresden.de
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:20:30 +0200

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 08:09:25AM +1000, Ross Moore wrote:
> > 2. Instead of bitmap graphics, I would like to have the corresponding HTML
> > 4.0 math entities (e.g. Γ ξ etc.) appear in the text whenever
> > available.*)
>
> The  -entities  command-line switch does this.
>

> > Any help or hint is appreciated.
>
> Explore the different command-line switches.

So I did; the -entities switch seems to have no effect; I cannot find a
combination of options which generate these entities. I would be thankful if
anybody could provide a minimal working example.

The documentation at http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/l2h/mathdocs/mathdocs/
puzzles me even more: in the section on greek letters it talks about these
entities, but doesn't actually _SHOW_ any of these. Does this document a
feature which isn't actually implemented (yet)?

> Does Mozilla offer true support for the entities ?
> If so, then fabulous.

Indeed. Mozilla 0.8 (Linux) completely renders this page:
http://htmlhelp.inet.tele.dk/reference/html40/entities/symbols.html

using italic for lowercase symbols and upright for capitals (just as TeX does)

while Netscape 4.77 doesn't render any of the symbols on this page.

--
Thomas Henlich